How To Improve Security, Speed, and Savings with Infrastructure-as-Code
When developing software in a cloud environment, you need to know and trust that your servers are expendable. We'll show you how leveraging this notion in a pay-for-what-you-use environment can enhance your systems' security and save you money when operating in the cloud. To do this, we'll leverage Infrastructure-as-Code and explain how that, along with Infrastructure-as-a-Service, can boost your speed to market and improve your ROI.
WATCH THIS WEBINAR SO YOU CAN...
- Explain features and benefits of using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Demonstrate how dropping and rebuilding an environment can enhance security
- Compare costs of a 24/7 environment against an on-demand environment
- Explain added costs associated with troubleshooting server/environmental issues vs scrapping and rebuilding with cheap, plentiful cloud resources
- List ways in which having infrastructure offered via APIs and services enables and benefits an organization (when compared against traditional methods)
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Software Development Leaders
- Network Operations Leaders
- Software Developers
- Technology Operations Professionals
- Anyone interested in migrating to the cloud
Cloud Enablement DeveloperView Biography
Cloud Enablement Developer
Ryan spent 10 years working at a prepaid card company, developing ordering and card balance platforms. At Sketch, he provides critical software development for our clients, and leads our managed service for cloud infrastructures. His many other hats include coaching, training (DevOps is his thing...among others), and consulting (trust us...if you need AWS advice, he’s your guy).
Training Lead and Agile CoachView Biography
Training Lead and Agile Coach
Matt is a recovering developer that still gets excited when hears the "Ribbit" of someone starting up Toad. After spending some time in the world of project management, Matt was convinced there had to be a better way to develop software. Once he attended his first agile boot camp he discovered that flowers smelled sweeter, food tasted better, and he was never going back to the oppression of Microsoft Project. As a full time Agile coach with Sketch, Matt helps organizations implement lean program management best practices and build environments that people actually want to work in. Matt’s nemesis is the schedule-industrial complex. His favorite things include: traveling with his wife and sons and falling off of skateboards.
What Will I Learn?
Join Sketch Coaches Ryan Jensen and Matt House
for an informed discussion about how you can save time, money, and peace of mind with Infrastructure-as-Code.
Features and benefits of using Infrastructure-as-Code
How dropping and rebuilding an environment can enhance security
Lower costs of an on-demand environment
Cost savings associated with scrapping and rebuilding with cheap, plentiful cloud resources
How Infrastructure offered via APIs and services enables and benefits an organization